Sunday, August 14, 2005

update

I've been out and about for a few days at a running camp, and I'm still number 42 on your program, but... Alex and Jim have been listing their track workouts... so i thought I'd join in on the bandwagon...

Monday 15 miles biking.
Tuesday 5 mile run to camp (gear was boated in)
Wednesday 3 mile hike to base of mountain, 5 miles (and 2000 feet) up, run/walk down, 3 mile jog back to camp.
Thursday 13 mile run
Friday 5 mile bike
Saturday 15 mile mt. bike ride.
sunday 15 mile mt. bike ride

I'm going to go play frisbee in a while.... lots of aches and pains after the week, but hopefully i'll be able to run hard for an hour or so.

Also, today, eggs, pancakes, coffee. mmm good.

Recent reads:

Running with the Buffalo, a year in the season of CU's outstanding cross country program. They run, a lot. And fast. These guys are running in the 30 minute 10 k range, which is fast. Their mileage is insane (to me), in the 80-100 mile range per week. Typical 'season in the life of' tale with it's share of ups and downs.

It raises the question, is there a 'curse of the sports writer in the locker room'? Are there any chronicled seasons that end with everyone alive healthy, and standing at the top of the podium?


Read Black Dahlia last week, by James Ellroy (L.A. Confidential). Read L.A. Confidential instead.

Currently reading The Killer Angels by Shaara, fictionalized novel dealing w/ Gettysburg. So far, so good.

The weeks of 3500 pages per week are drawing to a close. Kids back in school in 3 weeks, I'm in the office in 2...

C'est la vie.

The big summer wrap up is coming up, but here are my predictions for 2005-2006 school year and summer vacation.

80 plus days skiing. Here's to skiing where they don't keep the rocks, and avoiding broken bones.
3.50/gallon gas next summer. I hope I'm wrong.
A couple Weeks at Bandon lake learning to windsurf. I hope I'm right.
Return to tournament play, i.e., travelling a little to play in some more competitive gigs...

That is all.

No comments: