Thursday, July 05, 2007

die, duathalon, die

done. 5 and out. terrible time: 101, heaven knows what the 'road' temp was. I followed appropriate guidelines for hot weather racing, and kept my heart rate percentages in appropriate zones: 85 ish for the bike ride (82-86), 88 for the run (82-93). Of course my heartrate according to my watch assumes i'm 25, so i got my heart up to 186. it was my worst time of the 5, after improving on each of the previous four. but after a decent race yesterday, i have nothing to complain about as far as a good workout.

in other news, i'm doing my first triathalon in 2 weeks. a 'sprint' distance, w/ a 750 m down river swim, a 12.5mi bike, and a 5km run. i need to spend some time in the pool and try to remember how to swim w/ decent form. no specific goals for the upcoming race.

frisbee attendance is pretty poor right now: camps/vacations/work interfere. but i'm going to start including some 'agillity work' so that i get some relevant practice as i move towards laborday and more particularly, the regionals.

adios.

2 comments:

Alex de Frondeville said...

Uh, duathlon, no? Sort of like athalete, eh?

Hopefully we will meet on the field of battle at Nationals. Looks like there are supposed to be 3 strong teams in the northeast, NY, Ottawa, and Boston. 3 teams enter, 2 teams leave...

Luke said...

you are correct. lazy spelling on my part. to go w/ my apathetic approach to grammar, syntax, and punctuation