Tuesday, September 02, 2008

miles.

kind of a crappy workout today (i think), but the long miles this weekend make it kind of OK. 25 or 26 miles this weekend, then a 1.5 mile warmup, 3x1 mile repeats at 6:10, 6:00, 5:50 (over rolling grass with turns and stuff, not a track).

by comparison,
2 years ago was 4, 6, 5:55, 5:50, at 5:57.
3 years ago was 5 at 6:18, :15, :15, :05, :10.

I'll do 4 or 5 next week when we do them again, and I'll try to run them all 5 seconds faster. (goal would be 6:05, 5:50, 5:40, and 5:30). perhaps ambitious, but we'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there an actual race you are training for?

I'm heading out your way next month to run Portland. 2:59:59 or bust.

Luke said...

hood to coast was an actual race.
might do portland if my knee holds up to the long training runs... battling a little runners knee...
i do about 10 ski races a year... that's kind of the focus.

going to do some cyclocross races this month... good luck on the sub 3.

4chi said...

Oh yeah, duh, I would say HTC qualifies. My sis in law did it this year, not sure what team she was on, though she is usually with a Nike-esque team as that is where she works. But she is super fast (sub 1.20half).

Oddly, the runnign thing is much easier on the body that ultimate was. Don't have to worry about anybody running into you (for the most part). Perhaps I'll see you Portland...I usually run in my old Bad Larry jerseys.

Q

Luke said...

re: sis, that is fast: i just dabble in running. i'd hardly say i'm going into this thing 'off the couch', but I'm definitely a bit off of a true, smart progressive training program. hence my knee worries. so i'm basically just trying to get to the race, run between 2:59 and 3:30 and go from there. the challenge, if i hadn't run hood to coast, i probably wouldn't have considered the marathon, but the hood to coast mileage kind of started this little flare - up. c'est la vie. i just want the shirt.