Thursday, December 15, 2005

tooday...

Idris. Save us all... Do you have the option to simply post a link to my NON frisbee posts... or must I continue to be called pancho by stadler, (jim) while I live on as Cervantes...

Lessee...
Saturday, my first 10 K race. It was actually a workout, and my splits were dead on... that's just excuse talk for I sucked. For although I ski all the time, nordic skiing is still new to this georgia boy.

Sunday, recovery day, 45 minute hike in my randonee gear... then one ski down. Kept my heart rate around 130... so, easy.

Monday, weights (patellar tendonitis, aching since running season was an issue) squats, hang cleans, chin ups, abs... then, a 45 minute skate ski, under the tutelage of Rich Gross, former US team member.

Tuesday, an hour skate ski... again, lots of pointers from a former olympian. That's why I ski. It's the hardest thing i've ever done... and i'm getting good pointers.

Wednesday. Oh wait. That was today.
Squats, shorter range of motion (to protect the achy knee). No problem. 3 sets of hang cleans with higher weight. Knee extensions (to work the quads, but not the joint), chin ups, bench, abs... then 1 hour of skating (there is skiing, in town, on the way home). Ran into Mike Heidenreich, another coach, who gave me great form training... and as a kinetic learnier, I'm actually incapable of learning from words... so I actually learned something, as it was using other words and another model....

In other news. Looks like Summit is splitting off from the OISRA (oregon ski something) and taking most of the teams with us. The league head apparently budgeted a pay raise in... and we are not happy.

The end.

PS. Ultimate. I agree with Idris (means sunshine, or something) that quality throwing is important. I do think, that JUST THROWING is also... very important...

In other news, my housemate / homeowner Lynn Ott, leaves tommorow to qualify for the olympic team (downhill dual slalom snowboarding).

Go Lynn.

2 comments:

Marshall said...

Like - I don't think there's a way to categorize posts on blogspot. If you had a place to host your own blog, you could set up WordPress or Moveable Type and Idris could pull the RSS feed for just that category. But yeah, you'd have to be able to host it yourself.

Travis Finucane said...

IDRIS
Gender: Masculine
Usage: Welsh

Means "ardent lord" from Welsh iud "lord, prince" combined with ris "ardent, enthusiastic, impulsive".

But the Idris you know and love--and you would know this if you followed his blog--comes from a Muslim Mystic. Idris was a prophet in the Quran. Some legends of the Prophet Idris correspond to the Biblical stories of Enoch--son of Cain father of Methusela--(religions apparantly must rip each other off, among other crimes) which coincidentally, is a common Welsh surname.