Monday, October 24, 2005

festivus.

well, i received both my copy of U T & T, (utah technical and taxedermic?), and AAB:TDVD. (Above and beyond the DVD).

Next on the list, Stacked... which i haven't seen but I was there, so hopefully i at least make a cameo...

I'll be using the highlights of the DVD to show to the school (on the video announcements), and showing some dvideo to the kids who eat lunch in my room...

And yes, I'll certainly reference Jim's book.

Today: The Cover. Chase looks like he is having a valsalva maneuver... but it's a pretty sweet picture. Seth looks like he's, well about to not get the disc. But I could be wrong. What happened?

Chapter 1. There's something about focus, but I decided it would be more fun to look at the pictures, and see if there was anything about the 'arch' endzone 'o.' Whew. I'm beat. That's enough for today!!!

Seriously, got to grade papers... looking fwd to the opportunities for reflection that will help w/ teaching frisbee...

Today, 1 mile warm - up, 10 minutes of whistle runs (1 = slightly faster than jog, 2 = 5 k pace, 3 = sprint...) then 5 minute jog, then 10 more minutes of it, then a 5 minute cool down... I don't know what the ratios were... It's taper week, w/ districts saturday, this was probably the hardest work the kids do this week. Let's check the calendar... ah yes, some really easy short runs, and Track, 1 x 600, 2 x 400, 2 x 300, 2 x 200 on wednesday...

Good luck at nationals.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Re: the cover photo and what happened next, this shot from a split second later should tell you all you need to know.

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt said...

If you watch the CSTV coverage of 2003 college nationals, you can see the whole play. It's available on DVD some places (I got mine at a VC booth at a tournament).

Anonymous said...

What is Festiuvs? Its for the rest of us.

Happy Festivus!