Thursday, October 27, 2005

auld lang sumthin

The first pith of nationals... as the Count chimes in on the greatest show on earth,

I'm missin' the show, now 2 missed in a row... taking me back to the dark ages (97-2000), but at least I got in 2 worlds in there... i'm thinking of another jordanesque unretirement... albeit w/out the athleticism, and this time, probably a LOT more akin to Jordan's last one... kind of more like a sean kemp unretirement...

Anyway, seriously miss Ultimate right now. Played pickup last night, and it was sort of snowing. But actually tried to run hard, and play some D, between throwing it as far as I could... Watched Above and Beyond 99 and 2000 with commentary on today after school, and now i'm procrastinating.

Notes on Above and Beyond...
I'm going to get Stacked (03) next week, and I'll do a comparison... but some thoughts on the Commentary.

But a comparison of the 2000 v. 1999 games...

Commentary
99 Features Steve Mooney, Billy Rodriguez, and Jim Parinella. Good commentary, Dr. R and Jim have some good insights, but it seems the elder statesman really keeps the flow going. Corey Sanford and JD Lobue of Condors get a point for one of the funnier lines (Corey, regarding Sockeye, "I hate these guys. Absolutely hate these guys. I hope they never win a championship. Well I hope they can edit that out." (Sockeye, by the time it was taped, I THINK had won, so it's both intentionally, and unintentionally funny)), but DoG takes the overall trophy for solid, consistent booth work. Having 3 guys also probably helped prevent dead air...

Who I'm rooting for...
Well, it's kind of a 'who am I rooting against less.' But with good friends John Kid Hammond, and Rob 'L-Train' Barrett playing for Winning teams in each video, I'm going to call it a Draw.

Best game...
To follow after I watch the entire 2000 game...

Got to plan for tommorrow's HS Frisbee meeting, start planning my ski workouts (looks like there are a few inches up at the mt... w/ more on the way. Also thinking about Tempe. Any insight into the new fields? As hard as the Old ones?

1 comment:

parinella said...

Dude, awesome blog. Perhaps you'd like mine.

The six pack we had also kept the commentary flowing.