Wednesday, September 20, 2006

push it a long...

1000 repeats today. I guess I'm getting better, which is pretty normal for a guy in his mid 20's.

Checking the blog, on
9/29/2005 3:42, 3:49, 3:49, 3:49, 3:34.

10/3/2005 3:41, 3:38, 3:38, 3:40, 3:30

9/20/2006 3:37, 3:25, 3:21, 3:20, 3:16, 3:16

exact same course, so unless they've added a newer more resillient bark chip, I guess I"m a bit faster than last year, and I did 6. Today's top runner went...3:40, 3:30, 3:20, 3:10, 3:03, 2:55, which is a much cleaner workout than mine (see the nice even knockdowns?) I think that he and the rest of the varsity guys could have run their easy ones faster, and gone for 3-5 second cut downs instead of 10 second. but a bunch of them blew up in the miles last week, so we deliberately held them back a little. they could make a huge improvement (not as likely for me, but i'll be out there). It's very misleading... this guy would go 2 minutes faster than me in a race... i'm sure.

I guess that somewhat faster pace explains the complaints from all of the banjo string like hamstrings... But no complaints, I was pretty maxed out, and the numbers, while generally not important, don't lie. so it was a good day...

The big question is, am i training for pride, ego, or vanity. Cause I don't have any races scheduled, except for a grudge match in december w/ one of the skiers with huge stakes... i guess i just want to be fit for life... fun to see improvement... but really, i'm training for...

a cliff bar. the big reward for winning a 5k in december.

yesterday, largely rest: got in some jugggling, a couple hours of guitar, probably 1/2 - 3/4 mile of unibiking (still can't free start), and i have yet to get a properly sized one... super fun. and biked the least in months: 6 miles... i caught a ride home from the open house... (At school to 8:30, i forgot my light).

Monday, 4.3 mile run, and 40 minutes of whacking around tennis balls.

academic highlights, the standing 'O' the 52 kids in government class give me, the fun of making 4 versions of a test for that class that were really just 2 versions that i scribbled '3' and '4' on a couple before making copies... the kids thought i took this no cheatin' thing seriously... the first class of the day is suprising bubbly in the A.M... But, I'm sort of tired w/ over 200 kids' names to learn, etc... kids are doing the work, reading, discussing, engaging... life is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luke, all of your exercising is makingme tired. Try this instead:

D C G
Sweet Home Alabama

Turn it up!

-- Getty

Luke said...

thanks for the tip getty...
and if it's any help, it's making me tired too... DCGandEm are turning into my greatest friends.

Luke said...

for me, the few days after the run have been brutal... granted, it was a fast pace for me, but the delayed onset muscle soreness has been significant... that said, a few 25-45 minute runs, and a lot of frisbee on the beach, and juggling.

we'll see if i do 6 again, or maybe i'll run them slower or what. depends on how i feel. tommorrow, roller skiing, ultimate, chores.