Saturday, September 16, 2006

new toys...

not christmas... but payday is coming, and i demo'd some new roller skis. the aero V2.. i took them out for a demo today... just 25 minutes... mainly double poling (like, you don't do the skating motion, you just double pole. It's very specifically good). yes i wore dorky knee pads. yes, i took a mild spill on the rough road. i lived. we've had our first snow. 4-6 inches at 5000 feet. (i'm at 3500). winter is coming.

i also threw in a little unicycling, and some juggling. and 12 or so miles of biking around for commuting. messed around w/ the guitar for a couple hours. still awful. i also took a course in teaching me to be a better coach. here is what the 6 hours taught me. "kids, don't do drugs. coaches, don't date kids. hitting is discouraged." but i got a bunch of fruit and sandwiches out of the deal

but i think i probably could have guessed most of that information on the pretest.

I had to miss the students racing for this. While I'm never enthusiastic about 7 hours in a bus, I like to be there for the races.

I watched a good movie. District B13. I guess the best term is french kung fu. pretty sweet.

Tommorrow, i'll bike, do another, longer roller ski (i'll bike somewhere with the roller skis and use them on better pavement, and actually skate a little), and if the weather holds, i'll play ultimate. if the weather is iffy, i'll mountain bike instead. then, i have to return the roller skis.

Yesterday, biked just for commuting, and hit tennis balls for an hour. Oh, and taught and shit.

Thursday, kind of an adventure race/hash race for the team. I won, I guess. i'm undefeated in high school adventure racing for 3 years. It's kind of like Mitch Hedburg promising to kick ass in little league if he could play now. (note: Mitch Hedburg, is now dead, and cannot play now). So this one was for Mitch.

This week, 1000 repeats. I'll see if my new shoes the (i'm not making this up) nimbus 2001's are better than my adidas supernovas.

that's all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin and I saw that movie too. Best action movie of the year in my book. The chase sequence where he goes through the window above the door is phenomenal. You came up the other day in conversation. It seems no one up here has your phone number. Email it to me (you still got my email, right?) and I'll pass it along...

Pat

Luke said...

something about a box? i sent it to that one...
luke.