Tuesday, April 15, 2008

sabe

Lessee, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I participated in a nordic ski/coaching clinic. Lot's of good drills, Lot's of tips, video work, discussion of weights. Really valuable.

Friday, I ran 45 or 50 minutes, and lifted. Saturday, I biked 1.5 hours, and helped set stuff up at the frisbee party for the tournament I missed. Weird, I love playing frisbee, there are just things, after 18 years, that i love doing more... at times.

Sunday, another 1.5 hour bike ride after the clinic.

Monday, Practice. 75 degree weather turned to cold and snow during the day. There are some really good things going on. Kids are moving down field and clearing the line suprisingly well. The throws are flatter and flatter. I'm getting decent moves and throws on the pivots. In what I thought was a total rebuilding year, we're moving towards having a nice year. Probably 35 kids.

then I hiked mt. bachelor (total climb time, 66 minutes, plus ski time down). then the usual... kids in the room at 7am, and no downtime until the end of the day.

Tuesday: 30mph winds early, so i changed from one of our first full field scrimmages to some dutch, 4v4 in an endzone area, teams divided varsity boys (plus one girl), girls, boys. The divisions were their own. I just said get into groups of 10 or so. Only about 25 kids. Then scrimmage, and the wind dropped, and the scrimmage improved. Then I ski-hiked for 40minutes, and ski'd down.

We'll start scrimmages next week with the Central Oregon League. We'll see what we see. In the past, we've been too proud, and it takes tournaments to round us out. We've lost to other city teams in the early season, as I try and develop offense and defense and the other teams just huck it and f##4 it. But we'll see. Now, we have as many as 50 players, and the other 3 teams have 10-12 players each, so I'm not sure how I let teams play. No rhythm if i play everyone, hard to hold the starters out... what to do...

tommorrow night, coaches meeting. the COL sched will be set.

2 comments:

Alex de Frondeville said...

Dude, what happened to your last post. I saw Poultry Days and had to comment. If all goes well, I will see you there. Maybe pony tail guy will be there... :)

Luke said...

uh. didn't like the post.
i'll repost.