Wednesday, July 06, 2005

here's the rsd post for potlatch.

in what is likely to ruin Idris' day, here is the content from rsd repotlatch...

just so I can have a copy for editing later...

day 1) roadtrip to redmond. a caravan of three cars, one w/ a baby. a gazillion stops are made. arrive in redmond, jump out of car, as will and joanne pull in literally behind them. off to seattle.

day 2) discover that we have a 2 game bye. very happy. most of the team gets the memo, but not blaine. but we TELL him we're at the fields... and entertain ourselves when he calls by yelling out in the back ground... throw me that frisbee... etc. Pretend that the kid is there by yelling 'bwah WAH wah blah wah wah' in the background. If you know kid, you can imagine that it would be very possible to convince someone that that was kid yelling in the background. Arrive at fields, learn that blaine DID in fact believe that kid was in washington, and at fields. And had been telling every member of the team he could find that kid's here.
Success.

Bandwagon, wearing yellow jerseys and cycling shorts (for the most part) goes 3-0 on day one. We watched the 2nd half of USA vs. Candada after chilling out for an hour after our last game. It was a good game. The weather had been misty, so a bunch of us went back into the city for sleeping.

Annecdote of day: Apparently, someone from SanDiego got so drunk that they couldn't find their tent. Also, they couldn't keep the contents of their stomach where they belong... so, at 5:00 a.m. the rough equivalent of a small bear was alternately vomiting near, on, and in a variety of other people's tents. Then, the guy would claw his way into a tent, and pass out. Leading to people yelling, "GET OUT! GET THE FUCK OUT! THIS IS NOT FUNNY, ASSHOLE! GET OUT" Apparently this went on for some time.

This type of thing is why I generally prefer to lame out, and return to the city.

Day 3) In a dramatic contrast from day 2 (which was day 1 of play), we found out that we had to play at 9, not 9:30 against the Brownish/Padaeiaish team. It ended up being 9:30 any way. And it was not against them. We had them in round 5. Highlights, down 7-5 vs. some team, we went on a 10-2 run.

We then played booty rumpin snoopy w/ Hector and Kyle, and Misha, and SRV and a few other players I didn't know as well... Nip and tuck until 10-10, and then we won 15-10.

The Bus ride to the Party. Apparently, 85% of the Bus thinks I'm an asshole. 10% thought I was a good guy. 3% undecided. 2% margin of error. I know this because I took a vote. I'd like to point out the high degree of voter participation/ candidate recognition.

We had to serve food for the tournament, which involved breaking in line, since we were late getting there. I'd like to think that those who voted 'asshole' were perhaps chagrinned when it came time to have the server decide how much salmon to dish out.

Then at some point someone pulled the fire alarm. Since I work in a school, I have a pretty good idea of what a modern annunciator sounds like, in contrast to the old 'school bell' type alarms. I can only hope that idiots who pull said alarms are legitimately ignorant of the pain of a ginormous shrieking decibel count... aside from the tremendous inconvenience of what it takes to turn the things off (like firefighters, and shit).

There seemed to be some people still partying at the fields. I was pretty wiped out, so I went to sleep. However, my sleeping bag was this thin, THIN sleeping bag liner, so I spent several fitful hours freezing my ass off/ alternating w/ massive muscle cramps.

Day 4) Sunday dawns. Ate a large breakfast. Played Humbolt early. Turned out to be a little easier than I thought it would be: they can put together some good games. I think the 3 day tournament hurts things. I pulled up lame w/ some kind of groin cramp. I'm thinking now that it was actually that I dislocated my pubic symphisis. Yes, this is real. We won the first game, though, and then lost to Sleveless in Seattle (like a So-cal-ish) team by 3.

Left in the middle of the semis, w/ USA down 11-10 to vagabonds, Canada crushing Sleveless. Stayed awake long enough to choke down 2 whoppers, and a jr. whopper, and some onion rings, and then slept for the next 250 miles.

Day 5) Technically trip over, but woke up at 8 to go get the highschool XC kids started playing frisbee, so I got few throws in. Walked home went to sleep for 4 hours.

Hip cracked, so I think the groin pull is cured.
40 seconds to my library time ends.

the end.


nothing original to add...

groin is healing nicely, coreworkout and 5 mile run this morning. found 10 bucks on the ground. muscle spasm in leg, unrelated. might be time to put veggies on the menu...

maybe an easy road ride today...

or just read a book...

haven't eaten. I think I'm going to go convert that cash into mexican food from the super burrito.

No comments: