Sunday, February 18, 2007

take meat who you're lead ear.



I now reveal my true form. All your base are belong to us. My list of demands is simple. I'd like jambalaya for dinner tommorrow night. And peace in the middle east. What you say? No, I have no idea how difficult it is to find good quality chorizo in central oregon. Nor do I care.

Aren't photo programs fun.

Summit wins states. In my inspirational speech at the team meeting Friday night, I pointed out that this more than just a ski race. This was a chance to come heavy, go hard, go home w/ hardware, and be honored by having a 50% shot at getting their name in the paper mispelled.

How funny was it when the actual newspaper mistake was to List the event as occuring at a different mountain, some 1.5 hours away.

I served as the announcer. For those of you who don't know me, this is part of my ongoing plan to overcome my terrible fear of public speaking. Today, a 4 hour mix of mp3's, that literally ended the moment the awards ceremony began. The past two days have been miserable ski-wise. Like 7 or 10 km per day because of coaching duties.

Friday, i went for my first run of the year (29 minutes, no idea of distance), and first unibike of 07 on my sweet new 26" unibike (full size MTB wheel, instead of the usual 24" (BMX size) wheel. Rusty at both is an understatement.

The races were awesome, well run, smiles around, good results. There was an unfortunate incident w/ kids jostling for position which led to some necessary, but unwanted civil conversation and hopefully a result that was at least 'not unpalatable' for all.

We not only won, we dominated. Near perfect score for guys, girls missing top girl and 2/3 girl also crushed, albeit, a little less handily.

Little break, then frisbee coaching.

Tommorrow, ski, run.

That is all. Fullfill my demands, or meet the wrath of our technological superiority.

No comments: