Friday, July 22, 2005

le tour de... freedom

This message goes out to Frenchman and blogonaut Alex 'le compte' de Frondeville (which means 'Frondeville' in english).

Do you hate us for our way of life? Or for our legacy of superior cycling?

It must be one or the other.

The French are quite indignant over Lance's dominance... you'd think, given the state of things since Napoleon, that another mark in the 'L' column would be, well, just no big deal.

What gets me are the absurd, desperate attempts to besmirch this great man, with ludicrous allegations of drug use.

Lance has repeatedly stated, "I have never tested positive for drug use."
There. Clear as day.
Never. Tested. Positive.

Come on, what more do you want?!!

To demonstrate my solidarity, I would like, at this time to state unambiguously, that I have NEVER TESTED POSITIVE FOR PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS.

Couldn't be more clear. That's why I'm making this bold statement at this time. I want my legacy to be unblemished by the taint of wrongdoings. As opposed to the wrongdoings of taint... which I don't want to get into.

No comments: