Saturday, April 23, 2005

Bend Invitations Write Up.

4/23 Summit High, a 2nd year highschool team I coach, hosted the 1st annual Bend Invitational. I awoke to pouring rain (well, pouring for the high desert standards) and 40 degrees. But the teams showed, and the games were played.... steady rain some steady southerly wind (that means from the south, right?)

Results...
5-0 Churchill B (defeated summit 10-6) (don't laugh, their A team is #1 in the state, and their B team is currently 3rd)
4-1 Summit (we still have to play states, but a far sight better than the bagel of 04 at states)
3-2 Sheldon A (3-3, then 6-3 summit, final was 10-6, summit)
2-3 Philomath
1-4 Sheldon B
0-5 Kennedy Middle school. Yes, they are a Middle School, but they wanted the games, and they had flicks, so it was a level playing field. As I told my kids before the game, hey, I see you looking at those kids, feeling sympathy, but that's just weakness in your hearts. I see them as evil deranged midgets.

No comments: